Jaslyn Cakes @ Bangsar

Jaslyn Cakes is a popular cafe in Bangsar for their cake. The cafe is located at Bangsar ( Directly Opposite to La Bodega). They only serve desert and beverage. I noticed their lovely cake displayed at the counter once entered the cafe. The most recommended cake was their Salted Caramel Chocolate Ganache. Unfortunately it’s only available on weekends .We were attracted to their Red Velvet so we decided to take away. You have to order and pay at the cashier counter. It cost us RM 13.90 for a slice of cake. 
Red Velvet cake was okay, not something to shout about. It was dry for my likings and I think they should add an additional layer of cream so that it wont be too dry. 
Overall it was just an okay dessert. Not something to shout about. In my opinion, I think the girl at the cake counter should really need to smile while serving the customer rather than showing us her sour face as it really turn my mood away. I always thought service in the cafe is much better than restaurant but this is an exceptional. Do I visit again? Maybe, not. The service and their cake was not impressive. 

7A, Jalan Telawi 2
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 2202 2868

Comments

  1. Just one cake and you decided to judge the pastry shop? How would you know if the other cakes would taste the same; dry, lacking frosting, chocolate, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your information, I mentioned that the red velvet cake was dry and lack of frosting but I didn't mean all the cakes in the pastry shop. The cakes were little expensive here so its not wrong for me to expect it to be good right?.After all, I paid for the cake. Besides that, the service here was bad as well. Don't you want your food to be good if you pay higher price? Everyone do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment