Pickle & Fig @ TTDI (Taman Tun Dr. Ismail)

The first thing that strikes my mind is Pickle & Fig when I wanted to have sandwiches for dinner. It has very good review online and it is also one of the shortlisted cafes for BEST HEALTHY EATS in Timeout KL Award 2015.  Pickle & Fig is located at TTDI, Kuala Lumpur. They serve Hot Pressed Sandwiches, Cold Sandwiches, Salad, Pasta, Big Breakfast and Beverages (Hot & Cold). A couple of people occupied the cafe when we arrived at 7pm. The ambiance of the cafe was comfortable and good to hangout with friends. They have indoor and outdoor seating option as well for the customer. You have to order and pay at the cashier counter. I ordered Wild Mushroom & Smoked Turkey Roll and Smoked Salmon Carbonara.
 Wild Mushroom & Smoked Turkey Roll was yummy. Wild Mushroom + Smoked Turkey Roll looks a kind off weird on the menu but I love mushroom thus I ordered that. Thank god!! I made a right choice. Wild Mushroom + Smoked Turkey Roll + Cheese are a winning combination for me. It tasted so delicious!! The drawback of this dish is their wholemeal bread. It was a bit hard to chew for me. In addition, it was served with Salad and Potato Wedges on the side. Both are equally good!! 
Wild Mushroom & Smoked Turkey Roll @ RM 19
Carbonara Smoked Salmon was just an average dish. It tasted bland and the sauce was dilute instead of a creamy texture. However, when eat together with their Smoked Salmon, it tasted good. Saltiness from the Smoked salmon contrasted well with the bland carbonara. Yet for me, it is still a so-so dish.
 Carbonara Smoked Salmon @ RM 25

Overall, it was an okay dinner for us. The sandwich was good but the pasta needs serious improvements in my opinion. I love their game collections in the cafe. My boyfriend and I spend about 1 ½ hours playing their chess and card game. It was super fun to spend our weekend like this rather than dating hand-phones!!

Service Charge: NIL
GST: 6% (Price inclusive of GST)

Pickle & Fig
26, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 2858 9960 

Comments