Friday, 18 November 2016

Torii @ Taman Tun Dr Ismail

I love Japanese Food especially everything that’s made of Mentaiko from Sushi to Pasta. Lately, I came across a blog that commented Torii serves very delicious Mentaiko Pasta that I find something unique and special. Therefore me and my sister went there for dinner as both of us are Mentaiko Lovers. Torii is located at Jalan Batai and TTDI, Kuala Lumpur. We choose TTDI based on 2 reason. First, it is easier to get car parking at TTDI, Kuala Lumpur and second, there is a car parking fee at Jalan Batai. Torii is located at Lorong Datuk Sulaiman, TTDI. They serve Skewers, limited choices of main course and beverages (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic). We were greeted upon entering and the staff seated us in the 2pax table. A couple of people occupied the restaurant when we arrived at 8pm but it was filling up soon later on. I ordered Mentaiko Pasta, Autumn Risotto and Torii Ice Balls.

Torii Iceball is a combination of Dalmore Whiskey, Ginger Ale and Soda Water. It was pleasing to the eye and stomach as well. Perfect to chill in the Friday night. Hahahaha!! 
Torii Iceballs @ RM 15
Complimentary starter while waiting for the foods.
Autumn Risotto was super duper yummy. I wish to have more of it as the portion was too small for me. Its creamy, well-cooked and has  rich mushroom flavour. Besides that, when you mix it together with their egg, its heaven. So yummy!! Best Risotto, I have ever tried in a while. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get the dish and I guess it’s perfect to sip cocktail and good conversation. 
Autumn Risotto @ RM 26.32

Mentaiko Pasta was just an average dish for both of us. We had high expectation on it after reading “Oh, ha about it” but it does not impress both of us. It does not have a rich Mentaiko flavour that I was looking for. Disappointed!!
 Mentaiko Pasta @ RM 20.66
It was an okay dinner for us. We went all the way to there for Mentaiko Pasta but their Autumn Risotto manage to please us with their excellent taste. Good!! Excellent service, classy & elegant environment but the portion was rather small for the price we paid. I guess, even a small eater like me, needs to have 2 plates of main course. Luckily, I have some snacks at 1 Utama Shopping Centre before my dinner if not I don’t think its enough for me and also after the average Mentaiko Pasta I was scared to order any other dishes.

Service Charge/Gratuity: 10%
GST: 6%

Torii Restaurant
18, Lorong Datuk Sulaiman 1
Taman Tun Dr.Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 7733 9309

No comments:

Post a Comment