Hotel Dhanushkodi @ Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli

Dhanuskodi opens their shop around 7.30am and sells Thosai, Idly, Appam, Pori and Ponggal and some fried items like Vadai and Panikaram. For lunch, they sell variety rice like Curd Rice and Pulisatham and teatime snacks too. I tried their Vadai, Banana Bajji, Pulisatham and Ponggal over different occasions. It is a small shop with a few tables and chairs for the customer to dine-in but it was always packed whenever I went to take away. 

Spongy & soft, deep fried lentil patties served with Coconut Chuttney. 
Vadai @ INR 5/RM 0.33 per piece
Banana Bajji is one of my favourite teatime snacks in India, which is not available in Malaysia. Must try item for me. 
Banana Bajji @ INR 6/ RM 0.39 per piece
Pulisatham is one of my favourite in variety rice, it was good but I always prefer temple pulisatham. Anyone have recipe on how to make it? Please do share with me!! Thanks. 
Pulisatham @ INR 25/RM 1.64
Ponggal was tasty but the portion was too big for me. I always love to eat Ponggal in India. The drawback was it is only served in the morning. 
Overall, it was a perfect place to drop by for Breakfast, Lunch or Teabreak. If you wanted to try local dishes, this would be one of the good place to drop by. 

Hotel Dhanuskodi 
Palayamkottai
Tirunelveli
Tamil Nadu
627 002 India

Comments