Karaikudi Chettinadu Mess @ Masjid Jamek

Back to my favourite place for Hair Makeover and it’s none other than the E3 Saloon, Masjid Jamek. After spending about 5 hours in the saloon, we were starving. Hence, we decided to have our lunch at Karaikudi Chettinadu Mess which is located at Leboh Ampang, Masjid Jamek. We were greeted by the staff and we find our own place to sit. Once seated, I requested menu from the staff. After browsing through the menu, we ordered Egg Briyani, Banana Leaf Rice, Chicken Masala and Filter Coffee. A couple of people occupied the restaurant when we arrived at 5pm but it’s filling up people for tea break. The ambiance of the place was good to enjoy the meal.

Filter Coffee was simply delicious. It’s smooth and soft with rich coffee flavour.
Egg Briyani was delicious. It tastes similar to the one I had in India. 
Chicken Masala was yummy.
Banana Leaf Rice (Veg) was so-so to us. It tasted okay and not something extraordinary, though especially their curries need some improvement in my opinion. Among the 4 curries we tried, I only liked their fish curry. 
Overall, it was an average lunch for us. Most of the items in the menu was not available during our visit and I think there is a room for improvement in my opinion. The total bill is RM 28 for foods and drinks. 

Karaikudi Chettinadu Mess
34-36, Leboh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur 

Comments